Pinpoint Data's Product Data Dispatcher™ ensures that your Famiy Code assignments reach POS.
How does it work?
When you have Enabled distribution for your product data the following sequence of events will begin:
1. Every Tuesday night, your product data and its associated family codes will be electronically transmitted to a number of point-of-sale (POS) data providers and other parties interested in obtaining your information. These include, but are not limited to, IRI, Kroger, Coupons Inc., Valassis and SmartSource. Your PDD product items will be marked with the date of this distribution. Product Data that has never been sent will be marked "pending".
2. Each recipient of your data will then process the information according to their own internal procedures. Some may load it into their databases immediately while others may take days or weeks to complete the process.
3. Your updated data will be published to the various subscribers of each data provider's service according to their own scheduled procedures. The most important recipients are the retailers who use the data to update their POS systems for coupon purchase validation. Some providers may send updates to their customers as often as weekly while others may only publish their data once per month. Some recipients of your data may not publish the data at all - using it only for their own internal use.
4. Every Wednesday night, Pinpoint's Product Data Dispatch system will receive an update from one or more of the data providers and load it into our internal POS product data file.
5. Finally, on Thursday of each week, Product Data Dispatch users will be able to see the results whatever updates have been processed for the week by reviewing their product data and corresponding POS entries.
PLEASE NOTE: THE TIME DELAY BETWEEN UPDATES MADE IN PRODUCT DATA DISPATCH AND THEIR APPEARANCE AT RETAIL POS SYSTEMS CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL AND IS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF PINPOINT DATA. TO AVOID RETAILER FINES, PINPOINT DATA RECOMMENDS A MINIMUM OF 60 DAYS BE ALLOWED FOR NEW PRODUCT FAMILY CODE DATA TO BE DISTRIBUTED BEFORE ISSUANCE OF AN ASSOCIATED COUPON!
How does my company start using the Product Data Dispatcher™?
Contact Pinpoint Data at (908) 756-9400 for details and pricing.